As Health Capital Helsinki’s current project period 2019–2022 is coming to an end, it is time to summarise some key achievements. They have been reached together as one strong Health Capital Helsinki ecosystem, with Health Capital Helsinki office team coordinating and leading the activities:
- Helping spinoffs and startups meet with international investors and corporations to get funding and business partners. In total, over 500 introductions (matchmaking and pitching opportunities) have been made.
- Initiating projects with international corporations and introducing them to local ecosystem partners.
- Actively building international networks for the benefit of region’s spinoffs, startups and other ecosystem members, and contributing to already existing ones.
- Actively building awareness about the strengths of the health ecosystem. On LinkedIn, Health Capital Helsinki has nearly 3,000 followers with approximately 15,000 monthly impressions for posts. Spinoffs and startups, including all Health Incubator Helsinki teams, have been introduced in 55 articles and interviews on Health Capital Helsinki website. PR work has resulted in approx. 20 media hits in international press, such as Forbes, Cinco Dias and Nordic Life Science.
- Organising and co-organising several congresses and events, both digital and physical: HIMSS Europe, Nordic Life Science Days, The Finnish Health and Life Science Research Showcase for Investors, Health Capital Helsinki Health TV series, Nordic Big Pharma Reverse Pitch, Y Science at Slush, and Huipputeknologia ja Digitalisaatio webinar series. Many of these have been organised yearly, and they’ve served as great matchmaking platforms.
What to expect in 2023
2023 marks the beginning of a new phase for Health Capital Helsinki. The focus will be on further strengthening the established international networks and partnerships and deepening public-private collaboration, while creating awareness and building the brand image of Helsinki Metropolitan as a thriving European health innovation hub. Make sure to subscribe to Health Capital Helsinki newsletter and follow news on LinkedIn to keep updated and to grasp the best opportunities for you and your organisation!
Health Capital Helsinki ecosystem is funded by an alliance of seven major public organisations: HUS Helsinki University Hospital, Cities of Helsinki and Espoo, University of Helsinki, Aalto University and Universities of Applied Sciences Haaga-Helia and Metropolia. Not only limited to these, Health Capital Helsinki is the umbrella brand for the whole health innovation ecosystem in the region.
Health Capital Helsinki office team news
As always, Health Capital Helsinki office team is glad to be of service to you. Feel free to contact us:
- Juha Paakkola, Director
- Kaisu Sutinen, Senior Business Advisor
- Taru Virtanen, Communications Manager
Finally, we would like to thank Senior Business Advisor Lauri Kuronen. Lauri is leaving Health Capital Helsinki team to take on a new exciting role in a Helsinki-based health data company VEIL.AI in January. While we are sad to say goodbye, we want to congratulate Lauri and thank him for his professionalism and passion that has made a big impact for startups and investors – and our team!